Re: [LUG] Distros??

Can I suggest openSuSE 10.1 remastered with KDE?
I've tried ubuntu, fedora 5 and SuSE 10.1 lately and must say I'm well impressed with SuSE.
Configured most of my hardware straight away and my scanner and webcam worked once I found some drivers for them.
It really is user friendly and for newbies I think it's ideal.
I'd class myself as a newbie, and this distro is all I've run for the last month (no Windows! - at last!).
This is the first time I've not needed to look to Windows for anything.
Add the extra repositories and you'll get an all singing & dancing system.
Is there anyone else who has tried Suse 10.1?

Cheers,
Matt.

On Thu Oct 19 10:23 , Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sent:

There has been some discussion about which distro to recommend for
people new to Linux. So far the main contender seems to be Ubuntu. So I
have two questions.

1 Why not mention kubuntu as well, or are most people on the lug
devotees of Gnome?

2 Does anyone know which is the most used distro among lug members? Or
is that information not available?

Just wondering

Neil Winchurst