[LUG] Laptop for "Granny" (the great social experiment)

Ok I have bitten the bullet and bought a laptop on behalf of my 92 year
old Mother (Peter's Granny).

She wants to do web browsing, WP and Desktop Publishing including
"publishing" music so something like Rosegarden with a suitable front
end for editing (but open to other packages).

Question is which distro ?

and

Any other packages suggestions.

For my money its down to Debian or Ubuntu, but if you know of a "Granny"
orientated distro I will consider it.

Interested in you comments as always.

Answers soon as the battery is nearly primed ........

Tom.