Re: [LUG] handwriting recognition

On 10/10/06 13:00:10, Tom Potts wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has experience of linux handwriting
recognition as I've just seen a 'Nisis Easypen G3 USB Graphics Tablet (6" Active Area) inc Cordless Mouse & Pen' for just over a tenner which might be worth a laugh

I've always considered tablet PC's as drawing aids, not writing aids. You may be better off using the tablet for Gimp and Inkscape (with occasional single character entry via an onscreen keyboard app).

See under Applications->Accessories in the default Debian/Gnome menu.

Web browsing could be OK (if you have a good set of bookmarks to import) but email on a tablet is, I fear, pushing your luck / patience.

--

Neil Williams