Re: [LUG] hsbc corporate banking. Old matter

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 05:34:37PM +0100, Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 16:48, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> > "Welcome to your HSBCnet Security
> > Device – it is used to authenticate your identity when you log on to
> > HSBCnet. It works by generating a security code unique to your account that
> > HSBCnet can recognise. This code can only be used to access the site once
> > and the Security Device will calculate a new security code the next time
> > you log on. For this reason, this code is sometimes referred to as a
> > one-time-password. This security code also has an expiry period and will
> > only be valid for a set period of time before a new code has to be
> > generated using the Security Device.
>
> our business HSBCNet access device is a secure id token clone, not "smartcard"
> you are thiking of.  our business banking works just fine with the token +
> firefox + client certificate.

Old outstanding matter: HSBC have two systems for communicating
-   Smart Card
-   Tokens

smart cards seem to be the default in France, while Tokens are the
default in the UK and US (and I presume elsewhere). I am advised that
for security all connections will be tokens only

(In the meantime I have to wait another two months)

Tks for all the assistance

--
Henry
Tue Oct 10 13:58:01 BST 2006