Re: [LUG] Cornish interest

That's the problem for me really, travel to Plymouth - not to mention Exeter and Painton - is difficult for me yet I would still like to take part in meetings etc! I understand why the meetings are in devon mostly with the majority of the members living there etc and will maybe try to make it to a few of these, but I thought considering I have an (awful) lot of free time at the minute I would be happy to take on the majority of the responsibility of getting things moving in cornwall.

After posting this it seems there are at least four of us around and it's only been on the list for a few hours! Plus there are at least 8 copies of Linux magazines sold from Truro WHSmiths each month so I think there are a few more of us. The reason I keep saying us by the way is because I expect for members from devon to make it to Cornwal would be just as difficult as me to Devon?

If we get a few more replies I'll think about trying to organise a meeting somewhere in cornwall before long? Of course anyone is more than welcome to come if this ever happens! Obviously this is all free time dependant as well...is easy for me to forget about that aspect at the minute!

On 07/10/06, Robin Cornelius <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Hi, I'm wanting to try and organise some meetings in cornwall and also
> to try and spread the use of floss here and am trying to discover who is
> interested in coming along to them and helping out?

Hi,

I am also in Cornwall. There are not that many of us though. I think the
vast majority of the LUG is in Devon really (and many are further afield
and even worldwide). I know there are a few members in East Cornwall
such as James who has done a good BBQ every summer for us for 3 years
now. There are also a few more down west, one or two in Newquay.

Most meetings have been Plymouth, Exeter and a few Painton way as well.
There was one back in Truro a few years back now.

I would like to help out spreading the word but my free time is limited
,major house project underway and way too busy at work :-(

Regards

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk