[LUG] Graphics Card Woes

Lo,

Firstly I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm not that new to the list : )
nor to linux having used it for a number of years at home and in a
commercial environment.  Currently work for the airline Flybe doing
some programming...

Recently built a new system, a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego chip
on an Asus A8N-SLI motherboard but having real issues with a HIS ATI
Radeon X1900GT graphics card.  In particular I have a red T_FAULT and EXT_PWR
light that come on and I get no monitor display nor POST.  Does anybody
own such a card and had problems in the past or know anybody who has.
I have no idea what these lights mean or whats going on.  Very little on
the global intertron either so I decided to post it here.  I'm gonna stick
Centos on it in the end if I ever get past this problem ... grr...

Many thanks in advance,
Jon.