Re: [LUG] Graphics Card Woes

On Thursday 14 September 2006 18:00, Jon wrote:
> Lo,
>
> Firstly I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm not that new to the list : )
> nor to linux having used it for a number of years at home and in a
> commercial environment.  Currently work for the airline Flybe doing
> some programming...
>
> Recently built a new system, a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego chip
> on an Asus A8N-SLI motherboard but having real issues with a HIS ATI
> Radeon X1900GT graphics card.  In particular I have a red T_FAULT and
> EXT_PWR
> light that come on and I get no monitor display nor POST.  Does anybody
> own such a card and had problems in the past or know anybody who has.
> I have no idea what these lights mean or whats going on.  Very little on
> the global intertron either so I decided to post it here.  I'm gonna stick
> Centos on it in the end if I ever get past this problem ... grr...
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Jon.
> **

Its not that you haven't connected the extra power supply lead is it? I had
the same problems with a mates build - power on but no post, no display....
There should be the usual power block and another, smaller one which must be
connected too, otherwise its no go. The manual for the mobo was useless - no
mention of it. The extra lead was different to the one on my mobo, which was
a small 4 pin block, but I would check for a seperate connector as the most
likely option.

Mark