Re: [LUG] cleaning laptop cases and amarok

paul sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just got hold of some more penguin power stickers,  I want to stick on
> my laptop  but thought I had better clean it up a bit before hand,  it's
> not dirty,  but it would help to have a decent surface to stick on,
> (even though I am sure it will stick anyway).  So I have an IBM thinkpad
> t22 - runs debian great,  so what is the best way to clean the case
>
> I have some iso pro propan alcohol (not sure if I have got the right)
> which i can use to clean a lens on my camera,  I also have some soft
> tissues that come with that,  so can i use that, or should i just stick
> to a clean but dampend cloth and just gently wipe the surface of the
> case to remove any dirt etc.
>
> on a second note,  has anyone used amarok for a media player,  I managed
> to pick up virgin 1215 am the other day from George town which I thought
> was really cool ok it's streaming radio,  but hey a little piece of home
> all the way over here in Canada.  Other than that I think it's excellent
> i am currently listening to queen while at the same time vewing a
> wikipeida article on them alll within the same program,  which is cool eh
>
> Paul

With regards to cleaning the laptop, you can get special cleaning wipes,
but I generally use baby wipes followed by soft tissue to dry it off.

I'd say try listening to Gemini FM (www.geminfm.co.uk) as we've just
enabled a 128K stream which sounds pretty good although the drawback is
it's using Windows Media so it may or may not work.  (Not my choice, it
was decided by head office).

On a happier note, we do have two Linux boxes in Exeter, one running an
internal wiki and the other acting as a fax server running Hylafax.
Unfortunately though I don't get to make the choices on what the group
uses for audio streaming.

Rob