[LUG] laptop contrast

Hi

I have a thinkpad t22 laptop,  running kanotix.  I am having real
problems seeing the arrow mouse pointer under certain lighting
conditions,  do you have any suggestions on how to improve the clarity,
so the mouse pointer is easier to see,  I have tried to set it to red,
but the colour still changes  Ok I could sit in doors,  but I am on a
island on a lake,  so it's kinda nice sitting outside, and surfing the
internet or just using the laptop generally,

thanks for any suggestions,  the solution is probably simple,  but I
just not thought if it, in the mean time i will keep trying

paul, Ontario, Canada

out of interest are there any other members further away from the area,
as I am,  I am trying to figure out if  I am the most far flung member
of the group,

Paul