[LUG] "Unhandled events" on a laptop...

Hi all,

I have a nice shiny Sony Vaio (PCG-GRT915M).  As far as I'm aware, I
have everything working nicely.  I have noticed, however, that the
blue-highlighted symbols on the keys (ie those that require the "Fn"
button to work) actually aren't what they say they are.  For instance,
on F3 I have the "Mute" symbol, however if I press Fn+F3 it turns the
volume down!  Fn+F2 *does* mute/unmute it.

Anyway... it doesn't *really* matter what's printed on the keys.  When I
use the Fn+xxx button, under KDE, for some events I get a nice KDE
'window' pop-up that tells me what's going on.  So, when I do "Fn+F3" I
get a pretty screen telling me that it's a Volume control, and a little
percentage bar showing me the current volume level (Fn+F3 decreases,
Fn+F4 increases the volume).  However, some keys show an "Unhandled
Event" screen instead.  I happen to know what some of these either do or
are *supposed* to do (like the little WLAN switch on the front of the
laptop... that *does* work, but still shows as an "unhandled event").

So... my question: does anyone know what handles this and how/where/what
I would need to edit to change what's displayed for some events?

Cheers.
Grant.