Re: [LUG] TV tuners (mythtv, knoppmyth coments)

mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  and we have a mediamvp

That using MVPServer I assume?

> Of course the nice thing about myth is that it is client server so if
> one box becomes over stressed you can move cards to another 'backend'

The folks who demo'ed MythTV at LRL had hardware hacked an old T-Online
set top box (233MHz Pentium I think) as the client box. I'd rather avoid
that sort of fiddling, but the result demo'ed very well.

The goal is to lose the DVD and set-up box, whilst getting music player
(that doesn't want CDs), and Internet access in the living room (without
me booting my rather clunky old laptop). I think the video will have to
stay -- at least till I've digitised the remaining videos.

We already have 802.11g.

Thanks for the Tier-1 list hint.