Re: [LUG] sodding sound

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 07:39:12PM +0100, Steve Marvell wrote:
> How in the name of unholy linux do I get grip to play CDs?

Is it playing direct from the CD to the sound card? In older machines
especially, I have no idea about modern stuff as I haven't played a CD
in donkeys years (if I can be bothered to get the CD out, I'll just rip
it), but you used to have to watch out and connect the CD to the sound
card via the "third cable".

There are two ways of playing CD's, direct (via that third cable, either
analog or digital), or via the IDE bus.