[LUG] router or something else

Hi

I want to see if I can boost our wireless lan signal on the island where
the camp I am staying at is basedf.  I have an old socket 7 case. psu,
motherboard, and hope to pick up a socket 7 processor next time I am in
toronto.

If I go a head,  what do I need is this called a router or a repeater,
essentially the signal starts at the office and goes as far as a staff
lounge cabin about 25 meters away,  if I can boost the signal then perhaps
it will reach either the dinner hall or the cabins beyond,

any ideas on hardware, (wireless cards needed, how many?) and perhaps even
distros,  I would assume that such a system would be configured via a web
interface.

Any FAQ'S i should read also.

first thing is to get this box working, socket 7 should be Ok I think I
have about 32 mb ram,  which should be fine as I am not running a gui,  \

thanks

Paul