[LUG] Expanding wireless range

On 2006-08-03T21:22-0400 Paul Sutton wrote:
> any ideas on hardware, (wireless cards needed, how many?) and perhaps even
> distros,  I would assume that such a system would be configured via a web
> interface.

I have a similar problem.
http://natalian.org/archives/2006/08/04/stumbling-to-freedom/

It is far too complicated to setup a box IMO. You can try a range
expander or a better aerial.

WRE54G Wireless-G range expander. 52UKP on Amazon. Expensive...
http://tinyurl.com/lf2zt

I think the best option is just to run a cable along to another WRT54G.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54G

They cost about 60USD (in Asia) and special "L" versions run linux. ;)

Best wishes,