Re: [LUG] Getting KDE application(s) to run SUID root?

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Simon Waters wrote:
>
>> Neil Stone wrote:
>>
>>> write a wrapper script ?
>>>
>> There must be one written, what distro? Is it a package you used to
>> install it?
>>
> Debian Testing. Installed packages are: network-manager, network-manager-kde
>
> Cheers.
Alternatively, I could read the documentation that's installed with the
network-manager package.  D'oh!

"To allow users to connect to the NetworkManager daemon they have to be
in the
group "netdev". If you want to add a user to group "netdev" use the command
"adduser username netdev" or one of the graphical user management frontends.
After that you have to reload dbus with the command "/etc/init.d/dbus
reload"."

Grant.