[LUG] Movie Maker

Hi.

Does anyone know of any simple movie-making software for Linux?
All I'm looking for is to stick a bunch of AVIs (and maybe MPEGs or QT
movies, but I can convert them with mencoder if needs be) together and
put some music/sounds to it. Probably much like windows movie maker- but
I've never tried that.

I've tried cinelerra, but I'm not convinced it's working properly and it
looks like overkill for what I want.

Any pointers or suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Simon