Re: [LUG] Firefox versions

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:54:29 +0100
"Robin Cornelius" <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8/1/06, Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > However the newer version of Firefox can't find those programs it
> > seems. I get a message telling me that a plug-in is required and would
> > I like to download it? I have searched around to the best of my
>
> What does "about:plugins" tell you if you type it in the different
> versions address bar?

old version:- flash and Java, among others, listing lots of files.

New version :- Nothing at all

> Also check your home directory for a .mozilla-firefox/plugins or a
> .mozilla/plugins as well as the /usr/lib/firefox directory.

/usr/lib/firefox does not exist

~/.mozilla/firefox/plugins does exist but does not contain a 'plugins'
file.

I am wondering if it has something to do with my profiles.  The new
version kept asking for a profile to be created, so I set up one as a
new user. Could that be the problem? I am not sure how to find out
about the profiles when I am using the browser.

Neil