Re: [LUG] Mobile phone cameras

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 08:29, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> So to my question, can Linux handle a mobile phone camera or not?
> Looking through digikam etc only 'normal' digital cameras are mentioned.
> Nothing is said about mobile phone cameras.

Mobile phones don't work like a camera and have rather more complicated
(closed) protocols, so I'd be very surprised if any were supported by the
usual digital camera applications.

I believe it is possible to talk to modern phones using Linux with Bluetooth,
but this is something I've not tried yet - I've just bought a phone with
Bluetooth and a USB Bluetooth dongle from eBay, so when that arrives I'll be
having a good go at getting my calendar synchronised to my phone and
transferring files across.

I found this feature on the topic the other day:
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/52/Bluetooth_Mobile_Phones.pdf

But an easier (and more likely to work) option would be to get a phone with a
memory card slot and buy a card reader for your PC (I don't know what support
for these is like in Linux, but I would expect it to be good).

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson