Re: [LUG] Mobile phone cameras

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 08:29:15AM +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> So to my question, can Linux handle a mobile phone camera or not?

Some phones come with an IRDA interface, some USB, some Bluetooth, some with
a mixture. Some newer ones even have wifi.

> Looking through digikam etc only 'normal' digital cameras are mentioned.
> Nothing is said about mobile phone cameras.

I've not tried going down that route. My laptop has bluetooth built in, but
my desktop has one of those el-cheapo USB bluetooth dongles. I use the
standard Gnome OBEX/bluetooth stuff to receive pictures I send from my
phone. It's really as simple as "select all" on the phone then "send all -
via bluetooth". I then choose the machine I want to send to, they handshake
and the pictures get sent.

That's it really, it Just Works for me.

A friend of mine has gone a step further and scripted his Linux box to ping
his phone, and when it's in range, pull the pictures off it and upload to
his weblog.

Cheers,
Al.