Re: [LUG] Thunderbird Feature hunt....

Neil Stone wrote:
> i'm just wondering if anyone is aware of either a plugin or excisting
> feature in Thunderbird that allows MS Outlook style archiving.

I don't use a TBird extension but I do use a similar method to get the
desired result.

On the IMAP server, I run a combination of a cron task and mhonarc. It
keeps my IMAPS folders within reasonable limits but the archiving is
done in HTML, not mbox. i.e. I run a similar task to the DCGLUG archive
itself.

> I use IMAPS, I currently have about 100Mb of mail.. I want to download
> and remove anything over 2 months old and put in local folders with the
> same folder name as the 'live' mailbox

You could do that simply using 'mv $1 ../$date/$1 && touch $1' with
ordinary mbox folders, although that works best by moving everything
once a month or so, rather than subtracting messages over a certain date
from a larger mbox.

--

Neil Williams