Re: [LUG] Thunderbird Feature hunt....

Neil Stone wrote:

> i'm just wondering if anyone is aware of either a plugin or excisting
> feature in Thunderbird that allows MS Outlook style archiving.

Why a plugin? Sounds like a feature for Perl and a cron job to me.

> I use IMAPS, I currently have about 100Mb of mail.. I want to download
> and remove anything over 2 months old and put in local folders with the
> same folder name as the 'live' mailbox
>
> Ideas on postcards to usual place...

Someone already wrote spme Perl (imapsync), the man page even has a list
of similar tools, but I think imapsync will be sufficient. Do back
everything up before you try and work out the right options (probably
something like minage/delete and some a regexp of "*").

Although it assumes you want to run a local IMAP server, which to be
sure to avoid data loss (i.e. preserve all flags etc) you probably do.