Re: [LUG] Is this phishing?

On 20/07/06, Tony Sumner <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Note: If your account informations are not updated within the
next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and will
be suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of
this verification is to ensure that your Amazon account has not been
fraudulently used and to combat fraud.  We appreciate your support and
understanding, as we work together to keep Amazon a safe place to
trade. Thank you for your attention on this serious matter. We
apologize for any delay in resolving this situation.

As has been said, this not only pluralises incorrectly (informations)  but also uses American-bastardised spellings; surely you are signed up with Amazon.co.uk?

Incorrectly pluralising something is usually a good indicator of phishing. Report to Eclipse and Amazon.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382