Re: [LUG] Is this phishing?

On Thursday 20 July 2006 12:44, Tony Sumner wrote:
> I found this in my eclipse mailbox, dated 1 July. When I logged in to
> Amazon everything seemed normal so is this a phishing attempt?

Very likely. Presumably it's a HTML e-mail, in which case you'll probably find
that although the link text says amazon.com, the link actually goes somewhere
else. You're probably registered with amazon.co.uk anyway, in which case they
wouldn't send you an e-mail with a .com link.

Hopefully you didn't follow that link when you went to log-in to Amazon...

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson