Re: [LUG] NHS Choose and Book - regrettably only available for a restricted subset of browser aplications and their users

Adrian Midgley wrote:

> I've seen less conciliatory responses from official systems you know...

Although one does wonder how broken the organisation behind this is if
they get to deployment (or even past early stages of development)
without using browsers covering at least the top 99% of users.

For as long as no one entrusts them with a big IT project things will
probably work out fine ;)

Beside I thought the reason their IT projects were expensive was because
 "no one gets left behind" ?!?! At least that was the excuse in the
medical records discussion by some ex-insider.

> "We apologise unconditionally"

Well I suppose it is a step up from the error message that the
healthspace site gives if you sign up with Firefox, as it is at least
recognisable English.

Can anyone guess at which point after "http://www.chooseandbook.nhs.uk/"; URL

1) Matt will disclaim further involvement
2) The free software back-end gives away to something proprietary
3) Links to the UK DDA act disappear from the footers
4) Links to third party sites tracking users (outside of the European
Unions Data Protection rules) appear.
5) Web pages stop validating.
6) Document content bear little or no relationship to the declared
document type.
7) Documents start to include random 'comment like' tags before the
doctype declaration, and after the "</html>" (what someone left the
scaffolding behind?).

Hint, watch the URL.

Now has anyone with IE checked the cookies are encrypted, as I failed to
login to healthspace, but the various strange cookies I do have don't
appear to be encrypted.

Why did everyone wait till Matt was in New York to have this discussion?

(Although I suspect he'd have the good sense to stop at "I didn't do
that bit").

Why isn't Adrian in Cornwall?
Where did he (Adrian) get that hat?

Enquiring minds want to know.