Re: [LUG] NHS Choose and Book - regrettably only available for a restricted subset of browser aplications and their users

On 18/07/06, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can anyone guess at which point after "http://www.chooseandbook.nhs.uk/"; URL
>
> 1) Matt will disclaim further involvement

** Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and might not not reflect
the opinions of my co-workers or my employer **

We (my team of developers) do http://www.chooseandbook.nhs.uk/ - we
don't do Healthspace. That's done by another team within NHS
Connecting for Health. They are aware of the flaws. The actual booking
system is done by third party company, but I will see what I can do. I
have some considerable clout on accessibility and standards issues. I
can't get them to replace non-free software, but I can get them to
make stuff work with things that aren't IE.

> 2) The free software back-end gives away to something proprietary
> 3) Links to the UK DDA act disappear from the footers
> 4) Links to third party sites tracking users (outside of the European
> Unions Data Protection rules) appear.
> 5) Web pages stop validating.
> 6) Document content bear little or no relationship to the declared
> document type.
> 7) Documents start to include random 'comment like' tags before the
> doctype declaration, and after the "</html>" (what someone left the
> scaffolding behind?).

Okay, here's my plan. If someone wants to make a concise list of these
problems and email them to me - mattl at gnu dot org - I will do
everything I can when I get back.

> Why did everyone wait till Matt was in New York to have this discussion?

Always happens.

> (Although I suspect he'd have the good sense to stop at "I didn't do
> that bit").

I'll always do as much as I can.

** Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and might not not reflect
the opinions of my co-workers or my employer **

matt

PS. it's bloody hot here.