Re: [LUG] (Another rant) [Fwd: Microsoft shuts down Windows 98]

Tom Potts wrote:
> If I sold you a car without brakes because that was more user friendly
> you'd have me in court tomorrow - you'd at least get your money back on
> the argument that 'the product was not fit for purpose' let alone
> downright dangerous.

On an aside I noticed the other day that the EULA for XP Pro states that
the warranty only lasts 90 days. After 90 days there is no guarantee
whatsoever- not even "fitness for purpose", unless prohibited by law.

lol- apparently I'm not allowed to use office 2003 unless I install
service pack 2- anyone know what that's about?