Re: [LUG] Website upgrades

Neil Williams wrote:
> As announced previously, today is the day when the membership refresh
> takes effect.
>
> I've got a few more replies to make to people who have contacted me
> about the old accounts - don't worry if you haven't heard from me yet.

All reminders have been sent that are going to be sent - if you haven't
heard from me and you had a usable DCLUG Members Area login, you're fine.

> Please allow time for the upgrade to complete before contacting me about
> any login problems - I'll post here again when I'm done.

I'm done. (I think.)

> The website members area will be unavailable at various times during
> this upgrade.

The Members Area is now accessible - note that the old method using a
dialogue box has been replaced. You now login via a HTML form on the
home page or via the login form presented when you try to access Members
Area pages. If your browser is configured to do so, you'll get a prompt
asking about a session cookie which you need to accept to proceed.

The site supports "logout" for the first time and you can also delete
your Members Area details should you need to do so.

Automated reminders have also been initiated. For now, you'll get one
reminder from mailman and one from the website - these will be merged in
due course. From the Members Area, you can alter the frequency that you
receive the website reminder - monthly (default), quarterly, annually or
off. Note that if you select off, once the two reminders are merged, you
will also stop getting mailman reminders. First reminders due to be sent
out 1st August. You can still request a reminder at any time from the
form on the home page or login page.

Any problems, off-list to me please.

--

Neil Williams