[LUG] OOo not a replacment for MSO?

Tom Potts wrote:
 > It could be the lack of awareness problem rather than the lack of
 > inertia. Some people still tout Open Office as a replacement for M$
office!

I am very interested to hear your views on this.

If OOo isn't a replacement for MSO then what is? MSO needs to be
replaced somehow, since it doesn't run on Linux, and it's not free (or
open, or standards compliant).

If OOo isn't an office package then what is it?

Unfortunately there is no total replacement for MSO yet, because OOo
does not (yet I imagine) work well with powerpoint and access documents.

However, I have found that OOo is now better than MSO by a long way for
Word docs.

Simon