Re: [LUG] (Another rant) [Fwd: Microsoft shuts down Windows 98]

On 12/07/06, Theo Zourzouvillys <theo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 12 July 2006 14:01, Ben Goodger wrote:
> Can you tell me which standards it did not at least support as well as it's
> competitors at the time it was released?you said *ANY* standards. I think
> you might just be wrong.
>
> you are aware what the major alternative browser was when IE6 came out,
> right?
>
> look: another unfounded statement against "the evil empire":
>
>  I can't say whether it is or it isn't but it certainly doesn't comply to
> any standards
>
> Internet Explorer 6 does not comply to the following standards:

Did you even read my question? Let me help you:

Can you tell me which standards it did not at least support as well as it's
competitors at the time it was released?

Obviously I cannot do that.
Neither can I prove the existence or divinity or not of Jesus.
However, I can prove that IE is inferior now and that Jesus does not exist now in the same way as I, you, and my coffee cup do.

It's only now that matters. It doesn't really matter whether IE was superior or not in 2001 - I believe it may have been superior in 1998 - but it is most definitely inferior now, and that's very important.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382