Re: [LUG] Example of how to re-use old PC's

On 09/07/06, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom Brough wrote:
Tom Potts wrote: http://www.networkworld.com/weblogs/smb/2006/012903.html
I have to laugh, I identified LTSP thin client as a solution to the
silicon mountain / digital divide problem before K12LTSP was a
distribution. Things overtook my project and we ended up using K12LTSP
distribution for a school in the Philippines, and now in the Cameroon
telecentre as well. But it always astounds me how many people "discover"
K12LTSP as a new and exciting alterative when K12LTSP has been around
for 5 years or so to my memory and LTSP for much much longer. In fact
the concept of displaying programs output from remote terminals or
rather the concept of initiating programs on remote servers via
graphical work stations is as old as X (windows).

What does it take to wake these people up !!! Sometimes I think that
inertia is the only universal constant.
:-)

Tom.

It could be the lack of awareness problem rather than the lack of inertia. Some people still tout Open Office as a replacement for M$ office!

Guhh? OOo is a replacement for MSO.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382