Re: [LUG] Example of how to re-use old PC's

> In fact
> the concept of displaying programs output from remote terminals or
> rather the concept of initiating programs on remote servers via
> graphical work stations is as old as X (windows).
>
> What does it take to wake these people up !!! Sometimes I think that
> inertia is the only universal constant.
>  :-)
>
> Tom.

Older than that, minus the GUI bit.  I worked in a company that
utilized a UNIX server with WYSE (dumb) terminals.  These badboys were
Apple II E style, yet cost hundreds of pounds to replace the
old-school hardware.  It takes a lot of noise for people to realize
thin computing doesn't have to cost that much anymore.