Re: [LUG] Virtulisation

On 7/7/06, Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Xen looks like the best. Though I haven't used it except for some live
> CD test.  http://www.debian-administration.org/?search=xen&go=Go

Xen does indeed look good but comments about it requires a modified
kernel to run are concerning. I need *very* new kernels for my
development. We rely on the dscape 802.11 stack that is only present
in wireless-dev .git tree. Or can be patched into kernels >-2.6.16 i
must look into this to get more details but it could cripple my plans.

> I've used Usermode linux before, but I remember it being a pain to
> setup.
>
> At work I use vmware. ;)

vmware uses proper hardware abstration so can run basicly anything as
i recall. What is the free stuff that vmware give away now? I coudn't
really make head nor tail of exactly what it was capable of.

Robin