Re: [LUG] Virtulisation

Robin Cornelius wrote:
>> I've used Usermode linux before, but I remember it being a pain to
>> setup.
>>
>> At work I use vmware. ;)
>>
> vmware uses proper hardware abstration so can run basicly anything as
> i recall. What is the free stuff that vmware give away now? I coudn't
> really make head nor tail of exactly what it was capable of.
>
> Robin
I think the "free" (with a little F) thing that VMWare provide is only
capable of running VMWare system-images. That is to say you cannot
create and play with the settings of a VMWare system-image, only "run" a
pre-made system image.

There is also the "Evaluation Version" of the full VMWare package. Off
the top of my head, I can't remember how long you get in the evaluation
period.

What about QEMU? Or Bochs?

Grant