Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Web perils advise switch to Macs]

On 05/07/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ahh, if that Met office computer is in Exeter it won't be far from where
I work.

No idea. Presumably it's somewhere near the Met Office.

From what I've seen of the news on the 9 o'clock news

it's 10 o'clock...

, they look like
they have Dell Lattitude notebooks.

Yes, they do.

I have one for work, unfortunately
it's got WIndows XP installed.

They're allergic to anything non-Microsoft.

Luckily we do have SOME open source
stuff where I work.  Our fax server is Debian based for instance.
I do wish the media would recognise the alternatives.  Okay its easy for
them to say 'buy a Mac' but not everyone can afford a new shiney Mac,
even the Mac Mini is pricey.

I'd question that... The Mac Mini is a great little machine for £400.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382