[LUG] FC5 & RAID

Hi all - first post for me so be gentle!
I'm having an issue with Fedora 5 and my RAID setup.
Basically I want to mount a FAT32 partition on my HDD but the RAID built
into the motherboard is causing a problem.
I've read on a Fedora forum
(http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=544444&postcount=26)
about using dmraid to switch the RAID off but every time I enter the
dmraid command I get "command not found".  Dmraid is installed, I've
checked (I can read the dmraid man pages).
On the other hand, as I only have 1 HDD, RAID is a bit pointless - can I
disable the use of RAID in the BIOS (I have tried all combinations of
settings as far as I can tell in the BIOS with no luck)? Or is there a
Linux driver for it that I can use to get this working?
My MB is an ASUS K8V Deluxe.
Thanks in advance,
Matt.