Re: [LUG] FC5 & RAID

> On the other hand, as I only have 1 HDD, RAID is a bit pointless - can I
> disable the use of RAID in the BIOS (I have tried all combinations of
> settings as far as I can tell in the BIOS with no luck)? Or is there a
> Linux driver for it that I can use to get this working?
> My MB is an ASUS K8V Deluxe.
> Thanks in advance,
> Matt.

Hrmmm I built a system about a year ago with that board.  If I
remember correctly there is a seperate RAID/SATA bios (so if you look
at POST there should be a quick message to press the TAB key if I
remember) that sits alongside the MB bios that you have to set to
emulate IDE/ATA.  I would assume you have done this if your system is
up and running.  I think under advanced in the BIOS is the option to
disable the RAID and SATA controllers.  If your HD is IDE you should
be able to disable both, but if ur HD is SATA then you'll need the
SATA controller.

How are you certain it's the RAID controller causing problems?  If you
are using an IDE Hard Drive I don't think it can be the RAID
controller.

Here's your specs and a download link to the linux IDE driver/SATA
controller driver
http://uk.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=236&l1=3&l2=14&l3=67