Re: [LUG] Open source attitude?

Kevin Tunison wrote:
> Hmmmm lets not mention the social stereotypes!
>
> The "right" attitude is a bit ambiguious.  That may mean what the
> other Kevin inferred on this thread (i.e. those who can think for
> themselves and not *immediately* rely on vendor support to babystep
> them along a solution/workaround, and being a good reader of TFM and
> able to do their own -technical writer).
If I understand the context correctly, the concept of 'the right
attitude' is most likely two-fold:

Firstly the technical ability and knowledge that most people have
identified and detailed, so I won't go over the same ground again.

Secondly, the ability to put this over to other non-technical people in
a way that:

a) Doesn't make them feel like idiots.
b) Explains why A B or C is a good idea.
c) Explains the benefits of the new way.
d) Answers all questions in 'layman's terms' with a minimum of jargon.

It could be an issue of 'we don't want some hardcore tech who will blind
us with science and not explain things properly' as much as needing
someone with technical ability.

Kind regards,

Julian