Re: [LUG] Freecom DVB-T USB and Ubuntu 5.10

On Friday 09 June 2006 19:14, Rob Beard wrote:

> Any ideas?  Not sure if this makes a difference, but the Freecom stick
> is dated Feb 2006.

My stick is dated September 2005 - I guess it's possible they've changed the
chipset since then...

It might be worth just checking whether Dapper will pick up any other USB
devices, as it could be a udev issue.

More likely I suspect, is that Freecom have revised the hardware (without
completely changing the chipset) and changed the USB product ID so that it
isn't in udev's table, meaning that udev doesn't know which driver the device
belongs to.

If you plug in the device and post the contents of 'lsusb' here I can check
the Vendor/Product ID against my device and see whether they have changed it
or not.

Regards,
David.

--