[LUG] Freecom DVB-T USB and Ubuntu 5.10

Hi folks,

I've had a chance to play with a Freecom DVB-T USB stick on my PC.  I
have borrowed it for a few days from my dad.

I thought the installation would be as quick and painless as the K-World
PCI DVB-T card I bought from SVP.  I couldn't be more wrong!

I have downloaded the drivers, compiled the drivers, put the firmware in
the correct location etc.

The stick is detected and the firmware is loaded (see below):

[4294685.865000] dvb-usb: found a 'WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver
(based on ZL353)' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
[4294686.148000] dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file
'dvb-usb-wt220u-zl0353-01.fw'
[4294686.217000] usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_dtt200u

How I understand it, udev is supposed to create the device nodes
/dev/dvb* (or similar).  This procedure however isn't occurring.

So now I have this USB DVB-T stick detected, the LED on it is flashing
but I can't actually find a device node!

Has anyone else got one of these USB sticks?  If so, what distro have
you used it with?

The thing I find really ironic is that I couldn't tune the K-World card
in but I got it sort of working.  This Freecom adaptor WILL tune in
(using the Windows drivers on my dad's notebook) but is not even
accessable under Ubuntu.

Regards,

Rob