[LUG] IP address space

G'day all,

I have a all of my IP address's in a /27 address space which are a
subnet from my work.

For political reasons I can only have a /28 address space which is
causing me issues, I.E. not enough IP address's.

I have an IPCop box that has all 4 basic interfaces populated.

What I need to do allow my devices talk to one another and I am
wondering what is the best solution.

I could add another card in my IPCop, move all my local devices to it
and create routes/rule from one to the other. Some danger here that I
screw up and open my 2nd green interface to the world, since I am not
that good with iptables.I would need to create a route from the /28
subnet to the new 'big' interface.

I could create an an alias subnet in the 'green' interface... is that
possible? I would break my current /27 address space into two /28
address spaces and alias them on the interface...not sure how that
works.

Other solutions/idea's are welcome...

--
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\