Re: [LUG] Installing rpm files part 2

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 23:12:06 +0100
Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is your mandriva 2006 an "upgrade" from 2005 or a re-install? I found
> the re-install to be different from the upgrade, that is different =
> better. I'm not convinced the upgrade works that well and I seem to
> recall that a re-install didn't touch /home/... and so didn't remove too
> much that was vital...
>
> --
> simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk

No, not an upgrade. I have bought a brand new computer, actually it was
built for me in the local computer shop, and I installed Mandriva2006
from scratch. I did of course bring across a few files from my old
computer, which was using Mandrake 9.0.

So it's all brand new, plus a few programs added from the installation
DVD since.

Neil