[LUG] "thing of purpose" for mythtv

> I am suprised that there is not a "thing of purpose" for this very
> situation. It would be quite easy to make a device that created the
> required
> pulse. Pin 14 on a standard ATX needs to be pulled low (ie connected
> ground) to do the same job as the power switch. Pin 9 has 5v at all
> times
> (10mA max!) so this can supply the "thing of purpose" its power. A
> simple
> monostable one shot timer should do it.

I actually want a slightly different, 'thing of purpose'.

I have a mythtv the dies, every now and then, I have not worked out
what happens, sometimes I get an oops, some times the backend just stop
responding.

So what I want, is something that connects to the serial port (usb to
serial converter) and removes power for 10 seconds and then reapplies
power.

A watch dog actually, anyone got any useful and easy plans for such a
'thing of purpose'?

--
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\