Re: [LUG] Flash

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> On 24 May 2006, at 08:10, Tom Potts wrote:
>

>> Accessibility is a tricky one - basically you have to provide any
>> image content with a text equivalent so you cant easily reproduce
>> fancy animations  - and certainly not there effect.
>>
> Once again thanks to all who responded on this one. I had a look around
> and found some scripts written in js and using xml. They were a bit
> cumbersome if you needed to load more than five images so our web
> developer put together a php script with the js and xml and came up
> with this:
> <http://www.cregy.co.uk/gallery/index.php>
>
> I thought it appropriate to use my daughters gallery to display this
> one!
>
> What do you guys think please?
>
> The script can be found at:
> <http://www.cregy.co.uk/2006/05/25/photo-gallery/>
>
> If you turn js off it should still have an accessibility function to it.
>
> Look forward to hearing from you!

Not Bad! Tidy likes it!
However if I scroll down to look at the picture and then click next then
the 'page' realigns itself and I have to scroll down again. One way you
can  get round this by displaying the image in an IFRAME and using
javascript to call the iframe to change the image. The iframe can have a
function that you can call from 'outside' that does the fadein...

 Another might be possibly not 'wasting' too much space with the header
image?
I should add that I use firefox with all the bells and whistles so I
have 4 menu bars after the standard kit at the top of the page.
Tom