Re: [LUG] Email clients

Neil Winchurst wrote:
The part after the @ is always the same, it is just the name before the
@ which varies (eg neil@, bill@ harry@). So the email program downloads
all the emails because it just looks for the part after the @. So I
tell the filter to check the name (eg neil@) and what to do with the
message. Does that make sense?

Neil Winchurst
So why not just configure your PC to download mail addressed to neil@ and your wife's to download her name@? My domain is configured identically to yours by the sound of it, but I don't have that problem. I have 6 addresses on it, 4 for me and one each for Mum and Dad. None of them interfere with the others.

Ah. I *don't* have a wildcard address set up, so only mail to addresses I configure gets delivered. May be worth investigating if you can fix things from the Domain admin end, rather than trying to find a fix at the client end? Certainly not having a wildcard kills a lot of the dictionary based spam stone dead :)

Kind regards,

Julian