Re: [LUG] Email clients

Neil Winchurst wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2006 19:21:43 +0100
Ian bell <ianbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't understand you problem - do you share an IDENTICAL email address? If not you simply set up your email program to fetch the mail from the required address and that's all it will fetch.

Ian

The part after the @ is always the same, it is just the name before the
@ which varies (eg neil@, bill@ harry@). So the email program downloads
all the emails because it just looks for the part after the @. So I
tell the filter to check the name (eg neil@) and what to do with the
message. Does that make sense?

Neil Winchurst

I still don't understand. Maybe this is a problem with your ISP. With my ISp I can set up any number of xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailboxes and on my linux box I use Mozilla just to get mine. On her widows laptop the wife uses some widows prog to do the same and in the workshop I run another Linux box with its own email. Now my ISP lets me set up different passwords for these accounts so maybe that's the difference?

Ian

-