[LUG] MythTV etc

Hi,

Similarly to someone else on this list whose name escapes me, I am about to set up a server/mythtv system in my home, to provide PVR functionality and commercial web hosting, web design, file storage etc.

Can anyone recommend a stupidly underspecified, small and ultra-silent PC I could obtain to stick mythfrontend on? Obviously its only functionality will be starting knoppmyth, logging into GNOME, and decoding a live MPEG-2 stream. I'm talking 500mHz PII here, or something... Must also be very cheap, I'm on a budget of £600 for that, two tuners, cables and parts of a new desktop for myself.

Also advice on the tuner cards -- should I buy digital now or upgrade in 2008? And given the computer will be an Athlon XP 2400+ with a gig of RAM and also be functioning as an FTP, NFS and HTTP server, should I purchase a hardware tuner?

Thanks

--
Ben Goodger
#391382