Re: [LUG] Buying a digital camera

On 19/05/06, David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 19 May 2006 18:16, Grant Sewell wrote:

> Am I right in thinking that a good card reader will also be DMA enabled
> whereas the camera itself won't have that feature, so using a card
> reader is actually faster?  Or am I being daft?

Card readers seem faster and they don't exhaust camera batteries.

Neat. I might even get one as our Kodak Camera won't play ball with
Linux, and I've only recently been able to remove all the godawful
kodak software.

Nice camera, but the connectivity and 'helper' software suck eggs
through a long thin straw.

A.

-