Re: [LUG] UPS

On 5/19/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Quoting Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Does anyone have any recommendation for a UPS (I just discovered the kettle
> and the computer are on the same circuit!)
>
> Tks
>
> Henry

I believe the Belkin ones are fairly good.  I have configured one for a
member of the LUG on his server.  It came with Linux drivers which were
fairly easy to install (can't remember if source was provided or not).
From what I heard, it kicked in the other day and shut the server down
due to a power cut.

Rob

-

One of the schools I support have two Belkins and they work fab, just
don't use the usb connection.

There ARE issues with the usb at least on M$ with sophos/mcafee.  The
UPS software is outsourced.  I learned this while going through their
support.  They basically asked me to offer up logs etc so they could
go to their vendor to get the usb fixed.  Support response is fast and
UK though.

-