Re: [LUG] SuSE v10.1

Rob Beard wrote:
Quoting "James Hallam (DarkCow)" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

It works absolutely fine on my Nvidia FX5500 here.

Hmm, how does that compare to the Radeon 9200SE?

I kinda stopped keeping on top of the latest graphics cards with the Geforce 4. I don't have much need for anything too fancy as I don't play games on the PC.

Maybe worth looking into for my next upgrade - a faster video card.

The Radeon 9200E is a low range card, whereas the FX5500 is mid range. The 9000 series tends to have more features than the FX, but the FX is faster and more stable.

If you are going to upgrade, you'll probably need a new mobo. No point in buying a new AGP card, especially if you already have an FX5500 (That's better than mine actually, and I run high spec games). AGP is deprecated- get PCI Express.

What is XGL anyway?

Simon

-