Re: [LUG] OK this is odd.. Install problems

Neil Stone wrote:
> mount -t ext2(or 3) -o remount,rw /dev/hda8 /wherever
>
> --
> Neil Stone
>
> Systems Administrator
> FlashTek UK
We're getting there slowly :)  Thanks for your help (and patience!).
I edited lilo.conf, but when I tried to run /sbin/lilo I got an error
"unrecognized token at or about line 20"

Luckily my desktop and laptop have identical OS partitions (/dev/hda8
is the linux boot partition on both for example), so the lilo.conf on
the desktop should work for the laptop.  Here's the desktop lilo.conf.:

boot=/dev/hda
install=/boot/cboot.b
message=/boot/splash.lilo
timeout=300
map=/boot/map
prompt
lba32
read-only
compact
fix-table
image=/vmlinuz
    label=Xandros_Desktop_3.0.1_OC
    vga=0xf04
    root=/dev/hda8
    initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.9-x1.gz
    append="quiet rw acpi=on "
image=/vmlinuz
    label=Safe_Video_Mode
    vga=0xf04
    root=/dev/hda8
    initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.9-x1.gz
    append="quiet 3 rw acpi=on "
image=/vmlinuz
    label=Configure_(Expert)
    vga=normal
    root=/dev/hda8
    initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.9-x1.gz
    append="single quiet rw acpi=on noresume noresume2 "
other=/dev/hda1
    label=Windows®_XP

Is it the image 'vmlinuz' it doesn't like?  That works fine on the
desktop.

Kind regards,

Julian

-